Rhona Mitra made a recent appearance at the red carpet premiere of the new movie “Up in the Air”. The premiere was held in Los Angeles at the Mann Village Theatre.
The movie stars George Clooney, Anna Kendrick, Jason Bateman and Danny McBride, and will be in cinemas from December 25.
The movie synopsis:
Ryan Bingham is a corporate downsizing expert whose cherished life on the road is threatened just as he is on the cusp of reaching ten million frequent flyer miles and just after he’s met the frequent-traveler woman of his dreams.
Noted for her role in Nip/Tuck as a plastic surgery patient, photos of Rhona Mitra’s side cleavage reveals breast augmentation marks.
Different surgeons commented about her photo showing a scar under her breast. She might have indeed had a surgery. They all commented, however, that she had a great operation, if so.
On a recent poll conducted on The Geek Files with under 6,000 votes cast, Rhona Mitra ranks 4th as the possible bet for the next Lara Croft role in the planned revamp of Tomb Raider.
Rhona Mitra received 9% of the total votes, beaten by Erica Durance (Lois Lane, Smallville) who had 14% of the votes, Kristin Kreuk (Lana Lang, Smallville, Chun-Li, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li) with 23% of the votes, and the top-ranker, Summer Glau (Terminator Cameron – Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, River Tam – Firefly, Serenity) with 28%.
Rhona Mitra has offically played as Lara Croft on promotional appearances. Chances that the Underworld star, Rhona Mitra, playing as Lara Croft is growing dimmer today after the results.
Rhona Mitra was recently seen leaving a Beverly Hills Salon with a male friend! Mitra has just filming a new comedy to be released soon.
IN January, Warner Bros and producer Dan Lin announced plans to relaunch the Tomb Raider series. Lin has now told “About.com” a bit more about the franchise reboot: “It’s a great origin story that we’re going to tell. A very character-oriented, I would say more realistic, [film] than the past Lara Croft movies.”
“It is an origin story so it is a younger Lara Croft. I would say it’s like Terminator – character-driven action. I think for me the Lara Croft games and movies have gone a little too action-oriented. I wanted to have action, but with character. You want to honor the existing mythology but at the same time bring in new fans.”
So of course our mind wanders to cast, and Rhona Mitra fans know that Rhona is THE perfect Tomb Raider star. She has the body, the accent, the talent to pull off Tomb Raider with ease. Other rumors have included Summer Glau from Firefly/The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Megan Fox from Transformers.
I would LOVE to see Mitra get the role, just like she ‘fixed’ the bad reputation of the Underworld series, she could fix Tomb Raider.
Well I am a few months late in posting this news, but all is slow on the Rhona Mitra news front at the moment. Earlier this year, Rhona Mitra did an interview for goth girl site “Suicide Girls”. Suicide girls showcases super hot goth girls (with tatts/piercings) and talks about music and films, pretty cool site.
You can read the interview in full here.
Rhona Mitra is currently at Waltham Abbey to shoot scenes for a new British comedy! Other actors appearing in the film include Bridget Jones-star James Callis, and Hugh O’Conor, who appeared in the Oscar-nominated Chocolat. The film is directed by Bafta-nominated Yoav Factor.
The film is titled “Re-Uniting The Rubins”, and will feature the story of a dysfunctional Jewish family.
Lenny Rubin, played by Spall, is about to retire and take a cruise around the world when he is roped in to fulfilling his mother’s last wish to heal the rift between her squabbling children who are made up of a megalomaniac businessman, an eco warrior, a rabbi and a Buddhist.
The Underworld 3 bluray and DVD movie release is just around the corner, so don’t forget to snap up a copy. In celebration of the event (and because there isn’t any other Rhona Mitra news). Here are a few of my favourite Rhona Mita pictures. Enjoy!
Rhona Mitra normally looks flawless but this dress was a bit out there.. I guess it saves you from using a napkin when you go to a restaurant, it’s part of the dress!
The release date of Underworld: Rise of the Lycans has been announced. It will be realeased on both DVD and Blu-ray on May 12.
Rhona Mitra stars in the film as the daughter of the vampire leader. Underworld: rise o the lycans has received great reviews and has been declared by many as the best of the trilogy.